Friday, July 10, 2009

how unexpected :)

went for my first day of work today and instead i got another job offer.

my last target of the day, typical chinese family with mum, dad and lil baby daughter. they were impressed by my super-fast speaking and fluent english and was like "woah, slow down". lol. i tend to speak a lil bit too fast sometimes. and then they say my english very good, their daughter's english no good, son's english also bad, so want me to tutor their kids in english and bm.

BM siao liao cause my bm return to Grace Tay edi.

English ar can consider, but, i dont even know what is past present tense, my has have had is agak agak wan- sound right means right, sounds weird means wrong. that was how i was taught, by my brothers. serious! (coz i didnt learn anything from -2 / nedu)

they didnt seem to mind that im a 19 year old freshie working part time for fun with no teaching experience whatsoever. how nice :) we exchanged numbers.

me, a private tutor. 2 kids. imagine that. im looking forward to it, been wanting to do something like this but...

whats a preposition?

how la!

6 comments:

XtasyM said...

education is a great business XD lol... be sure u dont teach them the bad words... hehe

anyway... teaching is fun... i enjoyed being teacher during my form 6 holiday... totally enjoyed it...

naVid said...

teaching is super fun. and teaching kids (if they are genious esp.) is the best place to start. I dont think u need to teach them "I was thinking that I had been doing something to make me sure that I will have gotten a 20000$ scholarship by 2010"
Just they need to learn how to read and write and listen and talk ! :P
and beside u r so good at english. im sure u are a good teacher too.

Happy pig said...

kelvin!! i want to try teaching at tmn rashna or kwang hua as temporary teacher or sth lik that how do i go about doing that!

anyways, if i do really take on this job its gonna be like long long long long term. probably till the kids finish school or sth like that.

XtasyM said...

hey girl... u serious? if u are i can ask my mum to enquire for u bout openings at tmn rashna... coz my mum is a teacher there ma... can be arrange...

Bout kwang hua leh... u'll need to enquire teachers there i guess... last time i get to know my SJK Khe Beng vacancy from frens one...

i'll truely recommend u to go primary schl... kids are cute n fun... im sure u dun wanna face those naughty form 1 form 2 students :D

Happy pig said...

kelvin i damn serious!! but my coll starting on the 30th july.. so wait till my next holiday break lo.. unless they need people for 3 weeks onli.. haha :P

XtasyM said...

LoL... let me know if u r interested la... now they are looking for a month replacement for a teacher tat gone for maternity leave...